At Cockfield Primary School, SMSC is at the very heart of all we do and its impact is seen both in and outside the classroom. We recognise that the personal development of pupils spiritually, morally, socially and culturally, plays a significant part in their ability to learn and achieve and to relate fully to the world in which we live. Our aim is to support our children to be good people who go on to do great things.
We therefore aim to provide an education that provides pupils with opportunities to explore and develop:
- Their own values and beliefs whilst respecting the values and beliefs of others
- Their own high standards of personal and social behaviour
- A positive, caring attitude towards other people
- An understanding of their social and cultural traditions
- An appreciation of the diversity and richness of other cultures
- The difference between right and wrong and have the skills necessary to make judgement independently and appropriately
Click here to see some examples of how we celebrate SMSC at Cockfield Primary School.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.