Welcome to Cockfield Primary School
Cockfield Primary is set in spacious grounds and provides a stimulating environment for over 100 children aged 3 – 11 years. All staff and Governors at Cockfield are committed to providing the best possible education for our children.
Our School Ethos and Values:
- At Cockfield Primary School everyone will feel welcomed, respected and valued as equal members of the school community.
- We are committed to providing a safe and caring learning environment where everyone has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
- We will promote a culture of respect, responsibility and understanding of others.
- We all work for our school to be a happy place where good behaviour is expected and all children enjoy their educational journey.
Everyone at Cockfield is extremely proud of our school. We have worked tirelessly to raise standards and provide an excellent all round education for our children. In May 2011 we were rewarded for our hard work when Ofsted made us an outstanding school.
- ‘Cockfield is an outstanding primary school. The head teacher ably assisted by a whole staff team provides very clear educational direction. An exemplary curriculum which reflects the school’s setting in the community, and exceptional care, guidance and support lie at the school’s heart and lead to outstanding outcomes.’ Ofsted May 2011
We work hard to ensure our children are safe and happy. We hope to promote a joy of learning and a thirst for knowledge. We have developed a creative curriculum which suits our children, we involve them in the development of topics which will interest and excite them. Whole school topics form part of our curriculum and have proved to be hugely successful.
We try to encourage a love of music and the arts, learn about the importance of healthy life styles and we regularly take part in sporting festivals and competitions. We provide a broad and balanced curriculum which focuses on the basic skills in Literacy, numeracy and ICT which will give every child a good start in their secondary education and beyond into their adult life.
We are proud of the caring and understanding attitude our children display. They have a strong understanding of other cultures and display a thoughtful attitude towards others. Visitors to the school comment on the children’s exemplary behaviour, their politeness and the caring attitudes which they display. We welcome everyone into our school, we value diversity and we promote an understanding that everyone is equally important and special.
The staff in our school are committed to the children in our school. They want the best for every child in the school. They recognise that exam results are important but they are passionate about children’s personal and social development and dedicated to making school a happy and enriching environment
for every child.
Excellence and enjoyment are what we work for on a daily basis. Every child deserves the best, a high quality education in a safe, caring and stimulating environment. We believe we have achieved this for every child in our school.