We are another week into our Remote Learning and it is fantastic to see so many of our children online and engaging.
We know how hard this has been for all our children, and we also know that they are missing seeing their friends very much. That is why, next week, we are having a whole Class Teams call. EYFS will be holding theirs on Zoom!
EYFS Thursday 21st January on Zoom @10am
Class 2 Monday 18th January on Teams @2pm
Class 3 Thursday 21st January on Teams @2pm
Class 4 Tuesday 19th January on Teams @2:15pm
Download the App on your tablet/computer/phone. Use the login details posted on Tapestry to access the meeting. You will need the Meeting ID and the password to access the meeting. All children’s microphones will be muted on entrance to the meeting and will be taken off mute once we are all on and
ready to start.
Once you are logged into Teams instead of clicking on the Teams icon at the bottom you need to click on the word Calendar. In here you will see the meeting on your scheduled day. Click on the meeting and then the join button. It may ask you for permission to turn your camera/microphone on and you must allow this 😊
Down the left-hand side of your screen find the work Calendar. It may be hidden behind three little dots like this …
Once you have opened calendar you can click on the day of your meeting and click on join meeting.
It might be a good idea to try this before the day of the meeting to ensure you are able to access it and find the meeting!
Please read the protocol below before joining the meeting . . .
Cockfield Primary School
Microsoft Teams / Zoom Live Lesson Protocol (please read carefully)
By joining the Teams/ Zoom meeting you give permission for your child to use the
technology to join a live lesson and understand that in order for access to be granted the
regulations and guidelines below must be adhered to . . .
• Children must be dressed appropriately at all times and broadcasting from an appropriate location. (As far as possible this should be a quiet room, not a bedroom)
• Microphones should be muted when not in use
• Pupils are expected to be respectful and behave in the same manner as they would in a school classroom. Unacceptable behaviour may result in the pupil being removed from the meeting.
• Following Safeguarding protocol, all virtual sessions will be recorded.
• Where and if possible, an adult should be nearby whilst pupils are in a virtual classroom (to offer support if needed), but please note, these sessions are set up for pupil to staff interaction.
• Live streaming will be kept to a reasonable length of time and will not be undertaken on a 1 to 1 basis
• Any comments in the chat during the lesson should be respectful and about the lesson
• All meetings will be scheduled by a staff member and due to home or school commitments may not be able to be at a regular timetabled slot – please do not attempt to initiate a video call through Microsoft Teams.